The pre-operational study focuses on the urban renewal of the Peri-Voltaire district on the outskirts of the city of Gennevilliers, which comes against the superstructures of a main road and the train tracks of metro line 13.
Urban continuity is hindered by the fact that an important bus station stands on the main thoroughfare at the Gabriel Peri crossroads and precludes any other urban use.
Despite that fact, the site is particularly well located and linked by public transportation.
The aim of the masterplan is to restore urban continuity and create a mixed polarity, easily passable, bustling, where the implementation of economic activities will be promoted.
The urban study covers the following :
- The transformation of the superstructure by the covering up of the road tunnels. In order to create an urban boulevard on street level which will provide simple and natural links between the cities of Asnières and Gennevilliers..
- The displacement of the bus station in order to clear the intersection and to create a central space devoted to urban life. A new transportation plan is devised.
- To set up a master plan that offers a significant land potential, allowing different designs of urban scenarios, from the different urban players.
- To ensure the financial stability of the future development operation, through density, appropriate programmation and control of infrastructure costs.
- A proposed timetable including studies, approvals, consultation and implementation.