The site of 2.30 hectares is occupied by maintenance buildings for the RATP metro line 12. The plot is part of a very large urban block and it is an enclave with few facades on the adjoining streets.
The redevelopment objectives are :
- To maintain the RATP industrial activities within the dense historical city.
- The reorganization of the industrial activities and the construction of new workspace for the RATP.
- To add value to the site by the construction of housing.
The urban plan includes :
- The creation of a new Parisian street connecting two existing alleys. It is bent and its main branch is prolonged into a pedestrian walkway which runs the whole length of the site. The street and the path open up the urban block and connect the site to the surrounding urban fabric.
- The clarification of the urban structure : the new buildings line the street and urban perspectives are added to make this large industrial site an integral part of the city.
- A better access to the industrial site : the new entrance is set on the new street and reaches directly the center of the site.
- The construction of new residential buildings : 20 000 m² on a first phase and 13 000 m² on a second one. Most of them are built over industrial workshops.
- The construction of 13 000 m² of industrial workshops for the RATP.